This is a scientific journal reporting on research in aquatic disciplines related to fisheries.
Research papers on fisheries and fishery-related subjects will be considered for publication. All material submitted must be original and unpublished works. Three categories of papers are considered for publication: “Original research papers”, “Short communications” and “Reviews”.
Result of the living various species (contains animals and vegetal species) in various aquatic ecosystems, methods of propagation and culture of high value aquatic resources, pollutant agents and their effects to the environments of aquatic species, feeding, health and diseases of aquatic species, Research on fish processing and producing new products, approaching the best protection and stocks recovering and sustainable exploitation from live resources and finally economic and social aspects of fisheries are the main scopes of the journal.
The journal has been published since 2014 by the Green Wave publishing of Canada.
All articles of the Journal are Open Access: They are immediately available online at no cost to read, distribute and/or reuse. To support Open Access publishing, Journal of Survey in Fisheries Sciences charges a publication fee of 3.000.000 Rials, for peer review management, journal production and online hosting and archiving. The payment is due when Journal of Survey in Fisheries Sciences accepts the article for publication. The corresponding author of the manuscript is responsible to pay the publication fee.
This is a process by which experts (as reviewers) evaluate scholarly the articles submitted to the journal. The objective is to ensure high quality published scientific results. However, peer reviewers do not make the final decision to accept or reject papers for publication. At most, they recommend a decision. The decision-making authority rests solely with The Journal editor and the journal’s editorial board. The Journal decision-making process includes the following steps:
- Registration in the Journal’s website by the corresponding author and providing the full affiliation of all authors. Hereinafter, the paper with the proper format, as requested by the journal, can be submitted to the journal.
- After a paper is submitted to the journal, the Journal’seditor and/or a member of editorial board screen the manuscript and decides whether or not to send it for full peer review. At this stage the paper may also send back to the author to reformat the paper or any other corrections (if any) to meet the minimum requirements of the Journal.
- Only after clearing the initial screening, three peer reviewers are allocated to review the manuscript. This is also done by the editor or by a member of the editorial board.
- The peer review is a double-blind process, which means that both the reviewers and authors identities are concealed from the reviewers, and vice versa, throughout the review process.
- The Journal’seditor considers the peer reviewers’ reports along with the evaluation form (completed by the reviewers) and make a final decision as follow:
a. If at least two reviewers recommend to reject the paper, then the editor may reject the paper at this stage.
b. If at least one reviewer requests a major correction, then the paper is sent back to the author to provide corrections and/or appropriate responses to the reviewer’s comments.
c. If any of the reviewers deny to review the paper or does not send their response about the paper within the predefined period of time, then another person will be assigned by the editor.
6. As soon as the corrected version revision of the paper along with the responses to the reviewers’ comments are submitted to the journal (normally within two weeks), they will be checked by the editor and then are sent to one of the reviewers for final consideration and recommendation.
7. Based on the full peer review steps the final decision is made by the editorial board.
8. If a paper is rejected, the corresponding author will be formally informed by the Journal administrative office.
9. A formal letter of acceptance is issued by the Journal’s office for the accepted papers.
10. The papers are published in the journal based on“first come first served” policy.
SFS Open Access Policy
All articles of the Journal are Open Access: Journal of Survey in Fisheries Sciences follows the terms outlined by the Creative Common's Attribution(CC-BY) to be the standard terms for Open Access.