Main Article Content
This Article aimed to study the artistic characteristics of the architectural decoration of the Wu Family Temple in Hong'an.
The sample was located in Hong'an County, Huanggang City, Hubei Province, China, the ancient architecture of the Wu Family Temple.Data collection is mainly from site visits and literature research. The research results were found as follows;
Features of architectural decorative patterns of the Wu Family Temple
- The ridge line is decorated in the form of flower roof tiles with additional translucent carved dragon patterns.
- The walls of the hill are carved with a sense of rising and falling.
- The roof tiles are beautifully carved.
- The doorway is richly decorated with different shapes of ventilation holes.
- The auspicious patterns of the partition doors and windows are varied and highly decorative.
Features of architectural decorative art of Wu Family Temple
1 Symbiosis of structure and decoration.
2 Coexistence of mortal and divine beings
3 Praying for good fortune and warding off evil together